Are you stressed out about everything and anything? Does your life lack direction and focus? Are you trying to get more done with less time and fewer people to help? Well, I believe it’s never too late to challenge yourself to become more effective and efficient in everything you do. NOW is the time to learn about yourself and develop those habits and skills which will help you to choose your destiny!
Which “quotes” will inspire you?
Find inspirational quotes which will get you moving and post them at locations where you will see them often such as your work desk, refrigerator, entrance to your home, car, computer, etc. In the words of Oliver Wendell Holmes, “The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving.” Booker T. Washington knew what he was talking about when he said “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.”
What do you value and believe in?
It’s important to reflect upon, appreciate and acknowledge what is important to you in your life. How would you rank the following on a value and belief system: Family; Friends; Work; Home; Spirituality; Community; Relationships; Self-Awareness; Education; Happiness; Helping Others; etc.?
What are some important Time and Life Management Tips?
- Choose Your Attitude and make it positive and proactive.
- Set Goals which lead to a successful and productive life.
- Make a Priority List because not everything is of equal importance.
- Analyze and Evaluate to determine where your time and life are going.
- Plan to “Get It Done” with intent and determination.
- Keep to a Schedule as your way of keeping a promise to your commitments.
- Eliminate Interruptions as much as possible.
- Condense Paperwork so you aren’t surrounded by stacks and stacks of it.
- Delegate to others and involve them in the process of getting things done.
- Do Not Procrastinate because everything will eventually hit at the same time.
- Create a Team that works together and pulls in the same direction.
- Select Values and Principles which are appropriate for you and your family.
- Be Efficient with tasks.
- Be Effective with people.
- Seek Positive Relationships which build you up.
- Avoid Negative Relationships which tear you down.
- Choose Quality over Quantity so that you do your best at fewer things.
- Develop Character which makes others want to be like you.
- Become a Leader within your family, friends and community.
- Live in Harmony with as many people as you can.
- Put “First Things First” and make good choices about what comes first in your life.
- Maintain Balance by using important Time and Life Management Tips.
Remember that you don’t have to know exactly where you’re going every single second to be headed somewhere great!
Written by: Janet Wasko Myers, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development, Ohio State University Extension, Madison County, email@example.com
Reviewed by: Marilyn Rabe, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Franklin County, firstname.lastname@example.org
Time and Life Mastery – Putting First Things First, Developed by Kurt Utterback, Presented by Communicate Institute Training and Development in partnership with Walsh University, North Canton, Ohio, Graduate courses for teachers, WEB: www.communicateinstitute.com/