Why not give a gift that encourages health, rather than the quick and easy gift, or one that actually discourages wellness? While the possibilities are endless, we have developed a list that has something for everyone.
Wellness Gift Ideas:
- Cookbooks – Think about the new trends such as root vegetables, gluten free, or farm to table.
- Teas – whether green, black or white. There is research to support the health benefits of teas.
- Gift cards to farmers market , local fruit farm, or nursery (this may be for future plants or garden supplies)
- Insulated lunch or grocery bag
- Insulated water bottle (with fresh fruit infuser)
- Adult lunch containers (include dressing slots, small compartments for sides, etc.)
- Pretty apron and new holiday inspired dishtowels
- Bath and shower gels, candles, or lotions
- Fresh fruit or nuts
- Gift card to a cooking store
- Gift card for a massage or mani/pedi
- Salad spinner
- Yoga mat, workout DVD, or a certificate to an additional service at their favorite fitness center
- Workout clothes, shoes, or bag
- Canning supplies, such as new jars or equipment
- Food processor, immersion blender, or slow cooker
- Cordless activity and sleep tracker
- Dance video games – There are choices for every age and music preference (country, kids, Broadway, current music, summer hits, and much more).
- Humor books – cartoons, funnies
- Books on positivity – such as, Jon Gordon’s “Energy Bus” or books on Mindfulness
- Gift basket with a new cookbook, the ingredients for one recipe, and a cooking tool that might be needed
- For many people music is a great stress reliever – Purchase CDs, music download cards, or even tickets to a local musical
Who are you going to give a wellness gift to this year?
Written by: Lisa Barlage, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Ross County.
Reviewer: Kathryn Dodrill, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Washington County.